Monday, August 2, 2010

Take your own advice


“YO boys! We hitten new ground now. This is a spiritual battle and satan does not want to see us succeed in the glory of God. Now I’m going to tell you now that there will be disappointments, I see some coming already. For example those three guys who volunteered themselves as to be trained in God’s word, probably won’t be here when we come back. That’s how is out here, people say they will be here and then one day just get up and move. But we are going to have to stand firm and keep doing the work of God giving glory to Him, keep bringing the word to them no matter what!” My words before we left the cattle camp the first time, I found out I need to listen to my own advice…

 

We all came back to the cattle camp with such vigor and motivation ready to teach the word or God to these unreached people, happy to see our friends, and wrestling some with our Dinka boys. The cattle camp greeted us with such reception running to the car meeting us with their big beautiful smiles. Plus we were all excited that we finally got my best friend and Pastor/ translator Peter Maluwal!

The main man of the day. Peter has been wanting to go with us to cattle camp since we started, he

 even road all the way out to us in cattle camp in one day just to help us! But his job at the Baptist training Center prevents him from doing so. How we got him to come is another story.

 

Anyway, The first we had such a crowd a round our tent we just taught God’s word right then. It went so well! They responded pretty good and we all where on a high from being back and teaching that day.

 

The next day:

I piss facing the camp as I brush my teeth, the others sit in a circle by our tents. I suddenly hear Peter say “OOo! Magic!” I turn to look and I see an old man walking around with a big stick and beating ground as he circles the cows. The calmness of actions from the witch doctor surprised me in the fact of if Peter had not told me I would not even have notice it. But the cow the witch doctor was blessing was our cattle camp leader. That really hit me down. I felt like all we have been doing here is a waste and their just using us to see what they can get out of these white Americans.


I mean we have been teaching on only serve and worship God, so many Bible stories teaching the exact sin this leader is doing now. I was not the only one who felt this way either, we all got pretty bumped after seeing that and we had to teach in a few hours.

I told you I needed to listen to my own advice. Justin Culp was the one who encouraged us all to not get down, “We can’t expect them just to turn right around just because we come in teaching some Bible stories, it will take some time.” In which was right and I agreed with him on.

So we push our selves up and laid out the word of God to them. It turns out that all the stories we taught that day had to do with worshiping and serving God only again! We elaborated on it big time and told them you cannot serve both, but only God. Justin said he saw the leader putting his head down maybe in guilt, I don’t know, but they where all given what God’s law on says on that, they know and now it is up to them to act. We finished out that week with consistent teaching of God’s word and their responds seem blissful.

Please pray the word reaches their ears and heart and that they understand it.

Please pray for us that we able to teach them clearly that they understand and except it.

Pray that they except God and His laws in their heart and put it in their actions to depend on God only.

Thank you!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment