Monday, August 2, 2010

Seeing the most beautiful thing in Dinka Land!

 I saw the most beautiful thing here in Dinka land.

 

It was a Sunday at the Widows church.

 I was kinda down because we had left cattle camp when they moved and we went and found where they are but they where all busy working and setting up there settlements in the camp. So there was no time for teaching. So the team said their good bys and we left to go back to Akot.

I was down because I know there are a lot of people still there in the camp who need the word of God, and I have seen to much death to just leave and sit around when I know they need it. I don’t like that feeling. We need to keep going.

But we could not get them to come and sit down for any of our teaching because eof the their work. So we talk to the leader and he said it is Ok to come back because we are very busy now. I was the only one not for leaving as I always am. But we left so the Nehemiah teams will have time to say good by to the people in Akot, as their time was coming to a end here in Dinka land.

 

So the next day, Sunday we went to the Widows Church. We had church and this is where I saw it. Something that I will never forget and will hold in my heart and memory forever.

 

After Peter told his story and message to the church at the end of the service a older man, a soldier stood up in the middle of the church and said “I have come to church today to confess my sins to God and repent what I have done. I was going to the witch doctor and keeping idols in my home and then I began to do bad things. I beat my wife and choked her if she had not bit me I might have killed her. I destroyed this ladies house (she was sitting in the church) and burned it lighting it on fire. I come today to turn away from these bad things and I wan to follow God only and I would like you to come with me to my house and burn my idols.”

 

I was astonished! Those words were music to my ears, sweet sounds of joy to my spirit, my heart flourished in praises to God.

Then the whole church walk to his house and he brought out his idols and we all and the church got a piece of grass or hay and burned the idol together!

 

We all sang praises to God as we watched the idol burn in the fire.

It was he most beautiful thing I have ever seen in Dinka land since I been here.

Praise God!

It reminded me that this part is finish for me. The Dinka have their church going by their own means and for me to stay would only handicap the ministry. As hard as it is to say I think I am ready to go now. Not to say everything is perfect but the walk with God I see everyday in these churches now.

My only need I look to is the cattle camps to the un-reached there but that is where Peter and the other local pastors can take over now, just with our small support.

So…

 

Thank my God to let me see. It was so beautiful. I held back my tears of joy and I just praised Him. It was no other feeling I can describe; maybe heaven will feel like this. Thank you.

Pray for this man and his new walk with God.

Thank you.

 

1 comment: