Monday, August 2, 2010

When to laugh and not to laugh


We came back again to the same cattle camp teaching the Word of God. The Nehemiah teams are building great relationships everything is going well.

The leader of the camp is our friend and we hang out with him and others all the time. We even have dance parties with them! We really love them they are all our friends.

The three men who volunteered to be trained in the word of God, don’t come to our teachings and are always gone.

But like Mark said “That is up to the Holy Spirit to chose a leader out there”. So we just keep teaching the word of God.

I am trying to push Peter to disciple some of them himself but it takes time.

Peter is so great, we have him teach by himself in straight Dinka language and they all listen to him and quiet. When we teach their laughing and talking sometimes.

Its gotta be the locals! Peter is amazing and God is using us to make good progress with them. We trying to be the planters out here, So please pray for our continued ministry out here in the cattle camps.

Jermaine

 

I wake up to Ak shot… Bang! I don’t jump, neither am I scared, but I just lay their. I know right away it is just another cattle camp arriving and they love to announce it by the crying of an Ak-47. I lift up my head to see them through my tent, I see a huge Sudanese Flag and big bulls caring milk cans. A large amount of new cattle keepers are coming in are camp. “You see I told you” I tell others, as I tell them everything is cool so they don’t freak out and I lay my head back down to get some sleep.

 

Bang! Another shot…Bang! Another shot. Ak-47 is a song to my ears.

 

Peter says “O no, Fighting take place!”

I turn over to look at him and Peter is getting up and looking out into the distances. So I look where he is looking and I see a crowed of people and commotion I know well enough that, that means fighting.

I get up and hurry to put in my one and only contact in my eye that I have had for about two weeks know, yeah half blind man. I look out my tent again and yes I see fighting. Peter comes out of the tent and I follow him. I look and see about 70ft in front of me people are fighting! Ok but not like one or two people I’m seeing a hole crowd of people fighting! Yeah it’s like our cattle camp Vs this new cattle camp. People yelling and screaming, and for some reason I start laughing! Since I been over here when something bad happens I just laugh, I get it from the locals, I think it is a way we coup maybe. I see the fighting and I know this is real but I just laugh. The team does not even come out of the tent because they think I am joking from all my laughing.

 

But I finally convince them that this is real and all of the team come out of the tent and is watching the fighting erupt. Then the fighting moves from hand to hand to clubs and big sticks! The crowd of fighting people get clubs and other people pick of these huge sticks out of nowhere and they just start fight like crazy. It was like something off of a barbaric movie or Gladiator!

Cluak!...Cluak…Cluak…Cluak!

I hear yelling and screaming and the clipping of the clubs and sticks! I am laughing so much that the team doesn’t believe how serious this can get. Now mind you I’m still not scared or fearful for the team. But I think my laughing keeps the team calm in this situation because we are surrounded by Ak’s.  I know club and stick fighting happens all the time so I am just watching like wow! No biggie to me yet. So I am laughing! But we are all edge over the truck as we hide our bodies incase Ak-47 goes off which can happen at any time. Me and Justin Hendricks heads are picking out off of the tail of the truck and Justin Hendricks says “Holly crap their really mauling each other!” I laugh!

 

A kid we well know comes running in front of us screaming and crying. Then the crowd of fighting began to move toward the tent and us. Peter say lets move! I laugh and say ok!

We move but the fighting is all around us now! The men with guns kneel down kock their gun ready to firer if some one tries to strike them. It is pure ciaos! The fighting moves from our tent and into the field. We move back to our tent and the truck and the fighting then dies down. You see no biggie.

But the people still argue and soon move to the back of the camp where we can’t see. Then Bang!...

Ak goes off and people from the camp run our way! I see a little girl run with her hands covering her ears; her eyes are filled with fear! I think I saw this in slow motion. It’s funny what your mind remembers at times like these and they way it sets it.

 

I hear the shot and smile and say ok maybe we should go. You see this hole time I did not want to leave! Every time we come here with the word of God satan throws something at us or the camp to make us leave! I did not want to give in to his foul play! Everyone wanted to leave even Peter! He knows way better then I do. After the shot I knew it was time to leave.

But I hate leaving! First we can’t continue the work of God! Then we let satan get us, then we look like cowards! But we left once again. Satan is really after us out there, this the second time we have had to leave early. But God is more powerful because the Word is getting to the cattle camp regardless! So Satan keeps hitting us and God picks us back up each time over and over. Now I ask you who should be frustrated, I just rely on God but satan fails after hit after hit, as God just picks us back up. Now that is something to laugh about.

 

And we are going right back as soon as it calms down!

4Sho!

1 comment:

  1. "Now I ask you who should be frustrated, I just rely on God but satan fails after hit after hit, as God just picks us back up. Now that is something to laugh about."

    So true, so true! A friend of mine told me just the other day that our team seems to have a very weird sense of humor, cause we laugh at the most horrible things. But if you've been there, it makes sense. It's just one thing after another, and you start thinking, "Seriously? This is getting ridiculous! Haha!" Satan can pull whatever stunts he can think of, but God will have His Church in cattle camp. He can overcome fighting and culture and suffering. He overcame death. Take that, powers of darkness!! Hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete