Saturday, July 3, 2010

I had desire in my heart and that desire was taken from me

Naked kids play around burning dung hills, Men piss in my direction showing me the anatomy of a man, young women on their knees cleaning the cow dung around their mound with their bare hands, young men gathered under a tree playing dominos, Women slam their faces to the ground to scream out their pain from their lost one, small calf’s graze in the fields, dogs bark and grow to gather to fight in their own dispute of their laws as if demon possessed, a young cattle camp man struts by proud with his cattle camp dress that stops at his high thigh and a wind breaker jacket tied half way around his body just to cover his Ak on the side of his left shoulder.

Sites so familiar to my eyes here in cattle camp, sites that stop the eyes of us State dwellers, but my eyes just keep going and no warning is felt. But this day I saw a site that stopped my eyes, turned my head, and gave warning.

Second week at cattle camp:

Third Day: morning

I awake in the cattle camp to find out Zach’s spear has been stolen out of the truck that he bought just yesterday. I come out the tent and check the truck to make sure nothing else is stolen. I sigh and find that nothing else was stolen except the spear.

So I feel weird this morning, and I decide to sit in the back seatt of the truck to reminisce of the spectacular day God blessed us with yesterday!

Yesterday in our first training of God’s word we had all young men! This hardly happens in America let alone Sudan! We pored out the gospel to them as Shad rack translated.

The young men where into the training very seriously. I was praying and praising God the whole time through training. It was a sight to see all these young cattle camp men come to our tent by their own means, we did not even have to call them this time, just a butch of them came and sat down and said we are ready, teach us now!

LOL! It was all God! We did nothing!

The training ended with us all excited to meet the next day and even more for the team and I because we where going to give them a butch of Jesus stories and then show the Jesus film in their language the next night!

So back to me in the car, I am pretty pumped about today, but I feel weird I don’t know why maybe it’s the stealing, but that comes with the territory. I mean, I should know that by now!

Any way Justin Mayom comes and joins me in the back seat of the truck and we talk in very laid-back manner. Then even Shad rack joins us in the truck as he is in the front seat. We talk and joke together, and then soon Daniel Mapar even joins us in the truck as he seats in the drivers seat. We start to have a fly killing competition because there are so many flies in the car for some reason.

We all joke a laugh about things and then some cattle keepers join us at the truck windows. I look at the tall Dinka man lean over in the window to Shad rack as they talk, then suddenly a medium size, well built young Dinka man runs from a distances out of the cattle camp as if a solider from the movie 300.

He has an Ak in his right hand.

That right there is it. My eyes stopped, my head followed, and my warning went off. No fear but new site, a site that even the Dinka men could not ignore. The young man’s face was full of passion, or invisible tears maybe. I could see them but no tears only a need to feel his emptiness with something. The men standing by our vehicle yell in Dinka “Akunu! Weka! Weka! Weka!” Then they go running after him. Then more Dinka men come running out of the cattle camp behind him, some with Ak’s as well. We all step out of the truck, two Dinka men in the distances fight over a Ak, not for the gun, but as if trying to stop one from running, or trying to give some advice to one who wants to do something foolish.

The Dinka men crowd in together before the bush, then I hear wailing, but this is a different type of wailing, not a lost wailing or death, but a girl friends cry is how I heard it, it was a group of young girl crying. Then suddenly the crowd of Dinka men disappears into the bush with their Ak’s as if warriors charging ready to never return.

We are all left in silence wondering what just happen.

Shad rack talks to the leader and we find out an o so common story here in South Sudan. A solider killed a Cattle keeper. Now the cattle keeper must take revenge. We stayed and prayed with the cattle camp

that peace comes there, that they follow the ways of Christ and forgive,

No more killings come this cattle camp,

Their safety,

And that God’s glory and ministry is not put to stop by this

But His power is shown to them and that they may see Him as their God and live by His way and follow Christ.

Please pray for these things as we are trying to reach these people.

After we prayed we got news that that cattle keepers had already took revenge. We where told to pack up and leave before the military comes, and the camp was getting ready to move. So we did like cowards we had to leave.

Where they move? We don’t know, probably some where deep away from people.

Pray God shows us clearly what to do, cause right now I’m lost.

Pray for the cattle camp please, that they are safe and no harm comes to them.

Pray that we find then again to continue to teach God’s word.

Thank you.

P.S: Well it has been about three days since I wrote this and nothing big has happen to the cattle camp, all is normal and I here they did not even move. It’s almost like we have been thrown a fake punch and we all jumped back and duck to soon.

So Pray for us because we are going back this Monday to continue.

Thank you

Slave to Him, Jermaine

No comments:

Post a Comment