Saturday, July 3, 2010

They Denied me.

 

Justin Macar, Justin Mayom, Daniel, Mapar Makala gar, and Zachariah Marial is my new team to come with me to bring the Gospel to the unreached of the Cattle Camps. God has placed it on my heart for maybe if possible that a church can be planted with in the cattle camp as they move in the bush! Beyond impossible but I want to see what God will do. If they call on God to be there who can deny them, their unreached people just like anyone else, the heart of the Dinka people, their pride and warriors. But before all that I was met with a broken truck to settle to my on doings, which I did not get fix by the arrival of the team. We where stranded in Rumbek for some days, but finally old buddy awoke and we were on the road to Akot to find a Cattle Camp.

 

Now normally I would have had the cattle camp picked out and set up for the team but I had no time at all coming from back to back to back teams so they got to see all my reckless ground work. I did not even have translators! I am Lc’s nightmare.

We get to Akot and first thing I want is what? Translators! Yes correct!

But I was stop by….ummm… well I will just let you hear some of this conversation.

 

1st day

Me: So Abraham did the team explain what we plan to do out here? (I explain this to him many times already)

 

Abraham: Ah…yes to go to cattle camp…

 

(Silence)

 

Me: ummm….yes! we want to go to cattle camp to do CAP Sudan teachings there and maybe…

 

Abraham : How long do you stay?

 

Me: Ummmm…five days at a time.

 

Abraham: How many translators do you need?

 

Me: two translators would be great.

 

Abraham: I think it will be too difficult to get translators.

 

(Silences)

 

Abraham: Ok I will be going now thanks you! (He gets up and leaves)

(End of convo.)

 

I did not let that stop me, Just another tool of the devil to get me down. I just kept faith and kept going! Not knowing if I was to have a translator or not I got my best friend Peter to go with us to find a cattle camp. It had to be one of the easiest cattle camps I ever found in the bush! (Can’t tell), is the name of the cattle camp. They welcomed us with such open arms that day, and with complete stupidity and faith I planned the day of our coming to stay with them. I told them we would come Friday and stay five days.

 

3rd day

 

( A rainy day in Sudan, I am call by them to talk about cattle camp. I walk over to the center where I see Shad rack, Isaac , and Abraham all sitting in chairs of a circle formation, can’t be good and it was not. I will give you just some bits and pieces of the convo.)

 

Abraham: I have other things to do here, I can’t be bothered with your work separate from the church! Next time you get another translator then us, we have work to do, You get another translator separate from us!

 

Me: Yeah Abraham I know you guys are busy but this is why you got the training of CAP Sudan, there is no other translator. I mean I’m not going to make you go I’m not no big person, but I need some one who wants to go, and I do need you guys.

 

Shad rack: My friend, I cannot do it on the weekend I have to build my fence.

(That is one piece of the convo, like that, here is another)

 

Me: Yeah but I just think that the cattle camp is so unreached cause know one wants to go out there and just maybe if we stay out there with them, God willing a Church may be planted with in the cattle camp! I mean that would be….

 

(Abraham, and Shad rack laugh.)

Shad rack: OOO! My friend!

 

Abraham: No there is no way that can happen.

 

Me: You don’t think a church can be planted in cattle camp?

 

Abraham: No!, There is no way it can happen. You call them for teaching and they will not come.

 

Shad rack: Impossible my friend, they are cattle keepers they wont take it serious.

 

(Abraham, Shad rack and Isaac all agree)

 

(Silence)

 

Me: …..well…ummm…..Ok.

 

(End of convo.)

 

Sucks right! I mean these guys are my heroes, I look up to them, I love them! And for them to come at me like that! The cattle camp is their people their land….Whatever I aint bout to let know one stop me from giving the gospel to some unreached people who want it! So I don’t give a cow’s flip tail if they want to go or not but somebody gone translate, and they can go their mad to I don’t care about that either! I just do the talking, you just translate and look salty! But God is going to show you and crack that hard heart and crumble that enormous pride too! See if I car if you like me you know I don’t! Tell me what God can do and can’t do!

Despite their unwillingness to go to cattle camp and their huge negativity of the thought of a church in cattle camp, Abraham agreed to go one week and Shad rack agreed to come the next week Monday through Friday. But it really was sad to see these strong men of God just to be used by Satan to hold me down not to go, and to forget about a church there. I was sad and angry that day and I really held back a lot of things my flesh wanted rip out! But it’s cool, I just kept quiet, humbled down and prayed.

They denied me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment