Saturday, July 3, 2010

By Their own means!

The night of are arrival in cattle camp one of the leaders and some young aparaks (young men) sat with us and Abraham.

 

As Abraham translated…

I tell you what, in the dark night of Sudan I cannot remember what they where talking about or how I got to it, But I just remember I just started laying out the gospel to them, from creation to Christ. Then this young boy said “so how do we keep a relationship with God from down here?”

My heart jumped as I heard those words!

You know where I went! I went straight to Jesus!

 

Then boy kept asking great questions! “What about are sin’s and the bad things we do?” “What are some bad things God does not want us to do?” These questions where right on time! I was praising God so much!

 

Then another older man said “You see, these are the things we need to know so we can do right by God, but we have know one to teach us and train us, we want to learn these things.”

I said “this what we came to do!”

The he said “You can come and teach these things but if you just teach and leave, we will just forget your teachings. We need some one you can train within our cattle camp to teach us when you leave.”

 

Hot dang it, I just about dropped my mouth when he said this! I said that is exactly what we want too! It has to be the people of the land who do this, but we got nobody willing to do it!

As I had Abraham translate this…

So we talked more agreeing with each other that night and prayed God would reveal to us what to do to get the cattle camp some permanent training in His word.

 

The next day CAP Sudan training went great! We had a lot of young men sit down and listen. Then later that evening we had the four leaders of the cattle camp and some others sitting and talking with us.

So out of nowhere on of the leaders says bring us some history (story from God’s word). So we did. Then right after the story one of the leaders says “You see this is good, but we have no one to teach us these things of God’s word. You come here and you tell us these stories but we just forget them. “

Then he said this….

“You see the villages and cattle camp is very different. In the villages they have their people and their time on Sunday they can go to church. But here in cattle camp we don’t do those things. When Sunday comes we have no church like the villages, we need a church here like the villages so we can learn more about God’s word.”

 

MY God, my God…I just about fell on my knees right there to praise God.

Abraham just translated all this to my ears….

So we began to talk about them to chose a leader for the church so we can train them!

Justin, the team, and I began to talk about just staying at this one cattle camp to pour our heart and soul into training just this one. Because our original plan was to take CAP Sudan teachings to different cattle camps around the area. But we all agreed to just keep coming back to this cattle camp to train and disciple the men.

 

I was so pumped! These young cattle keepers actually wanted training, actually wanted a church in their cattle camp by their own means!

Praise you my Lord!

This crazy!

Please start praying NOW!

 

 

1 comment: