Sunday, April 18, 2010

Can you see Cause I can't it's too dark

I drive through this bush, down the bumpy road as the land cruiser is filled with our silences my eyes our stuck to the view of the road, a view that is too familiar to my eyes, but this view is different and is painted and permanent in my mind and in my dreams. The view of the land cruiser through the wind shield and the tip hood of the car two bush branches with leaves blowing in the wind at each corner of the hood….O how I felt your unscrupulousness that day.

 

Andrew, Malual and I set out to Paloc for a training and encouragement day for this young church on fire for God. We had books and Bibles and training material and a full lesson to teach the young leaders. After a hour drive we reach Paloc.

We drive around the village to find the leader. We did not find him so we went to the church. As I go to get out of the car Malual are Dinka pastor says, “Yeah there are some people there, say a man has been shot.” So we agree to go and see what is the problem.

 

We drive up to and ECS Church building, where many people are gathered and they all stare at us as we get out of the car. A tall Dinka man walks up to us and greets us  Malual replies in Dinka, “What is the problem?” He then explains that a man has been shot and they think he is dead. Then the tall Dinka man looks down at me and says “you check”. I say “Ok”.

 

As I walk over in the crowed of tall Dinka cattle men, they all slowly move out of my way as I walk to the center. I reach the middle of the crowed met by a beautiful color scarf covering a Dinka man on his side. I knelt down beside him and flip the scarf over to see his face, which I see when I close my eyes. His eyes partially open I felt his neck for a pulse and got nothing. I felt mine as I felt his for comparison but nothing. He was dead.

They then asked us to take the body to Pacong. Pachong is just about to Rumbek an hour away. We agreed.

We put the body in the car and we went from missionary to hearse driver.

 

They put two bush branches full with leaves on each corner of the hood of our car like flags on a car in a funeral line. I asked” What is that for?” They said to let every one know you are caring the dead.

 

We reach the family….and women began to wail and bemoan, they slam their faces to the ground and rip their clothes off. They beat their face and hands to the ground, screaming in misery. I felt the darkness close in, I grew sick of this, his body was heavy and his tongue was grey, his blood was spilled.

 

This aint no joke out here.  People dying everyday! We got to do are job! These people are killing themselves over here. It is a Cain and Abel land filled with blood in their rivers and creeks!

Pray for them please, I took this as a reminder of what I need to do and what we need to do! This day I will not forget. Thank you my Father.

We have to abide in Him and work harder.

Jermaine

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my Son, I felt thorugh my spirit that you were experiencing things you have never experienced. I pray for you and the others daily. keep the armour of God over you always. God is allowing you to see, experience, and reach people - you are experiencing things that only thorugh God you are kept safe. You are and will be a different person when you return - A true man of God and so much to share. I will be so happy when your Dad lays his eyes on you and put his arms around you - because in doing this - it will be me as well.
    I'm so proud of you - Love you and praying for you constantly - Mom

    ReplyDelete