Monday, March 15, 2010

So I lose a Mexican and gain a Bible character!

Three of my teammates went home last month. They have completed their term. Me, I’m headed straight to Akot for moving. To my new home I come, no more Rumbek!

 

Mark says “Hey Jermaine I got a new idea for you, your going to love.”

“O yeah, what’s that?” I reply. Mark says “Well since the pastor Sunday you was working with fled away to become a policemen and that kinda fell through the cracks on that one. I as talking to one of the Fusion leaders named Andrew and he said he would love to go down to Akot and work with you there.”

 

I thought about it and I was concerned about leaving Abin Ajok alone but four other Fusion peps are pumped to go to Abin Ajok and live there. So it bumped me out of that, which is cool I have no problem, wherever God needs me. So I said yeah 4Sho!

 

I spent three days packing and moving crap out of our old compound and on to Mark’s compound, shopping, running around, planning, and making sure Andrew and I had what we needed to survive out in Akot on the BTC (Baptist Training Center) the bush.

Who is Fusion? Fusion is Freakin Sweet that’s who Fusion is! A group of young Christian college students who train to go to the hardest places in the world and spread the word of God. Yeah so we working with them, Shweeeet!

 

 I was going back and forth on the pick up truck, moving all day just totally exhausted. I sat down that night on the porch hard, with Jennifer and Andres. I think it was the two nights before they left for good.

Jennifer went on talking about the Fusion team and their surgery goodness. As I sat there tired and beat it reminded me of my new partner Andrew. Andrew is a white male with average height and weight with long dark hair and a dark beard. I broke my silence and said “You know, Andrew looks like Jesus.” Everyone burst out into agreement.

I went on and explained that even when Andrew and I were in the market a Dinka boy pulled me aside and asked me where is Andrew from. I said “America” The boy then said “ The way I saw him I thought he was Jesus from the movie.” We all laugh!

 

Then Andres says “I think he looks more like a John. Then we went back and forth, arguing on whether Andrew was Jesus or John and I am so tired and did not want to think any more, and my brain was done. I did not mean for it to be a big deal anyway so I just ended the argument with the saying, “So I lose a Mexican and gain a Bible Character.”

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Fusion IS amazing! Very special people come together to train young adults to go to the hard places of the world and proclaim the love of Christ! I am loving your blog! We will add you and your team to our prayer list along with the Fusion teams.

    ReplyDelete