Thursday, January 21, 2010

CAP Sudan Volunteers Came



 

 OK So the CAP Sudan volunteers came, from Mississippi and home of the Oakland Baptist Church. There names are Billy, Jay, Danny, and my home boy Kenneth. These guys where so awesome and I enjoyed every minute of their company.

I learn so many things from them and they just gave me a sense of tranquility. They brought me down from always trying to prove myself to just be me. What mistakes I make will just be mine.

 

I even got a history lesson on General Butt Naked from my homeboy Kenneth. I wanted to look it up on the net but Whitney suggested that would not be a good idea, I might get fired from IMB. They all kept me laughing everyday. I really bonded with Kenneth cause he reminded me of my oldest brother Quinton.

They really brought some southern living to Africa and fit right in.

At the food distributions I would be assessing the situation and I would look over and see the volunteers have a game going with the kids! Then Danny in the whole trip spent time talking and building relationships with the young men. He would talk about his cows and how much he loved them so much and it was an instant bond with the young Dinka men. It was so amazing to see the team just engulf them selves into the Dinka culture. The Guys were a true encouragement to the Dinka people suffering in Akot. They really put smiles on their faces.

 

I thank our volunteers for being such a great team and helping us through this seed planting time of spreading God’s word. I really hope I could work with them again.

Thanks guys!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment