Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Announcement of Bad News


 Yo what it is like! I wanna tell yall somtin check it out!

 

 The first day of the supposedly food distribution the truck did not come. So we decided to go to the village and let the people know what is happening. And you know now that I am writing this it sounds kind of..umm not smart, but anyway.

 We get there and many people are surrounding the water well. I think all of them were displace people I am not sure. We said some hi’s and did some greetings in Dinka. I even found my good friend Peter who is the guard of the Baptist-training center in Akot, and he is also a pastor. I had not seen him since the incident in Akot took place so I was very please to see him. Peter told me that they held him at gun point and looted his things, I call that a blessing because I heard they were just killing all the men at sight. Peter then said” I even went back to the center slowly, slowly (sneaking) at night and got the computer out of the office so they would not take that one.” I said OOO! Peter that was crazy don’t do that one again, I’m so glad God kept you safe!” It amazes what these people go through and do and they just look at it as a everyday thing that comes with living. They are so strong.

 

So finally it came time to tell the people that food is not coming! I thought” O this going to be great!” (sarcastic) The people came and crowed us to listen to what we had to say. So Whitney began to talk to them through a translator about the food not coming because of something wrong in Rumbek. Whitney told them the news and tried to quickly end the announcement with prayers, but questions kept coming. “Why did the food not come?” “Is this because of you, or people in Rumbek?” “Is the food coming tomorrow?” Their faces were confused and troubled a thought, “of why did you come here?”

I had put my head down and began to laugh and thought they’re going to riot on us and beat us and were all going to die. LOL!

You could feel the tension rising and all the people’s eyes burning wholes in our heads. These people have been suffering in hungry with no food. They have been chased out of their homes by their own protection. And now we come to their run away home in the bush to tell them that food is not coming for them! The tension was high and Whitney could not close in prayer at all, people just kept asking questions and closing in on us! The sweat was there!!!

  Then out of nowhere a woman begins to sing a Dinka church song. Then everyone joined in. it was so funny. We sang the song and clapped and me Whitney and Jennifer all looked at each other with confused looks but relief, wondering what just happen. Then you felt the release of tension.

WE then finally closed in prayer. Then the volunteers told Bible stories. I really felt God watching over us at that moment, because I expected nothing like that to happen. From the grace of God the food finally came the next day!

So we stayed in Akot for about five days giving out food to the displaced people. It was such a real blessing to be apart of  real on hands physically helping the people of Akot. We got to share the word of God with them, which is always a plus. I mean that is our goal.

 

Feed my sheep He said. Jesus did both physical and spiritual, yes we are trying to mock Him! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment