Monday, October 11, 2010

My Last Days...

My last days…

Well my last days was spent lying on the bed in aching pain of my bones with an added touch of abdominal pain followed by diarrhea which lead to a long agonizing walk to the cho.  Mundane goodbyes, but blessed with the final good by of my best friend, more then a brother, Peter Malual Marier. I got to say goodbye to him as he journeyed off to the cattle camp again to continue a ministry that was once a dream. It was beautiful to see him ride off into the bush with his tent, cot, mats, and water on the back of his bike. A hard lump filled my throat as he went and my heart was content, I turn to sit in my seat and laid back and held on as my stomach gave pain to the shake of the car as my last days in Akot…went a way from me...

Goodbye....

1 comment:

  1. "to continue a ministry that was once a dream...."

    Jermaine, I can't thank God enough for you and the way He worked through you during your term. Thank you for doing what was difficult and for loving people who don't always love you back. I brag on you all the time to my friends. I'll be interested to see what God has for you next. Look me up next time you're in Texas so we can swap old war stories. :)

    ReplyDelete