Monday, October 11, 2010

A Mundane cattle camp trip.

 

Hey yeah we had a great time saying goodbye to the cattle camp. But it was pretty mundane for me, which is OK, I wanted the focus to be on God. We have seen growth in Peter and in the ministry.

When we got there we found that we brought the tent that has a broken zipper on the door so it could not close! So as we were going back fourth on what to do about it, to go back or where to sleep, the young cattle keeper men came and sat down in front and said we want to hear stories now! That is a complete growth in the ministry in my sight because before we would always have to gather them and look for them, but now a good same group of boys come to us!

 

Also as I said before we were discussing what to do about the tent Peter stands up and says, “Ok well the people are here to for storing so you all can discuss and I will start teaching because they are ready!”

That is a huge growth as well cause Peter was not doing that before, he would always ask us what to do and sit around, almost intimated by the cattle keeper. By now he is the confident one ready to teach, he gathers the young men together, and tells people to shut up when he is teaching, he is really growing!

 

But there is much growth still that Justin will have to disciple him in like different stories, we find him using the same stories over and over, and also teaching. He needs to teach them the gospel and what it is about, not just stories, and Justin knows this and will help him.

 So other than sleeping in the car it was pretty mundane trip for me in cattle camp, I guess I was just use to the atmosphere.

I could have got a couple of wives to take home, but I don’t think there free, well at lest not free from cows…and I aint got any!

 

Please continue to pray for Peter and his growth and cattle camp ministry, that it continues.

Pray for Justin as he will be helping Peter through this, and Justin will also be the lead coordinator for all the teams coming into South Sudan!  

1 comment:

  1. Jermaine, my son,
    I read all of your updates. My heart is sadden that you are leaving Sudan - but it is also so very happy. I have missed you so dearly and I must admit there have been tears I have shead. But God strenghten me and he blessed you. I pray God continues to bless you and bring you home safely. May God continue to be with you as he prepares you for your next season of life.
    Love you - Mom

    ReplyDelete