Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pray for william

Today I was reading Judges in the Bible. Man, and as I was reading, the Israelites just would not stay on with God! They would leave Him and serve false gods and God would put them under hardship or taken over by some other people. Than they would cry...God, save us, save us. God would alway come at their aid sending them an deliver and the Israelites would get like 80 years of peace, than they would leave God again. 

I started thinking man God came to them every time! When they called on Him to help, only when their in trouble. From that I feel God wants us to lean and depend on Him. We can’t do the things God ask us to do on are own! He wants that relationship to rely, love, and obey. It’ sounds pretty easy but is it.....Read Judges 10:10-16


Man, I got back from the prison and could not stop thinking about him. 

As I sat there stuffing my fat face all free and nothing to do to help, I thought about other prisoners that I don’t know and won’t get no help!

How much help can you really do out here? That’s why it is up to God. You will go crazy out here thinking you can do it by yourself! 


Was up my peeps!

On Sunday March, 29th, 2009, me and Jamie went to another church this Sunday.

Both pastors in our regular church we attend where in Akot for training other pastors. So we decided to visit our other church neighbors in the city of Rumbek. I really enjoyed myself! It was great to get a memory of how home churches are ran. What a great message the Dinka pastor gave! So awesome! He challenge the people about talking about the story of the unfruitful tree. 

It was a real encouragement to see!

But I think it was Friday morning I sat down to chat with some of the Kenyan workers of my compound. So I say "hay where is William I have not seen him?" William is kind of the manager for are compound. Francis, John, and Sahid ( might have spelled that wrong), Say "O big trouble William is in. You do not know?" I say "no what happen?" Then they say again "O you don't know?" "Naw I aint heard nothing!" I say. Then John says "O you are unaware." I say "yes! I am unaware! now what happen?"

They say "William was taken to the jail! "What!" I say in shock! They say yeah "He was taken Thursday" "Why?" I say. Then they finally explain! They said money was stolen from one of the guest on are compound on Wednesday and on Thursday the police came and took William! I asked them "why did he steal it?" They say "We don't know? We don't know what happen!"

So I say "Will you take him some food and see if he is alright?" "Yeah but we have to wait a few days or the police will say why you bring food to this man are you apart of it?" They replied. 

Man that's messed up I thought! I wanted to go visit him as soon as I heard, guilty or not, I thought we should show some Christ love at this time. But I get confused since I been here between showing the love of Christ and just being stupid in Africa!  

So Sunday rolls by and on the way to church I ask Jamie did you hear about William? She says yeah. So we planned after church to go visit him and bring him some food and water. So after church one of the Kenyan pastors came up and greeted us and we introduced are selves. Then as we started to leave in the truck, are friend and Kenyan coworker Wycliffe comes up and says "This pastor wants a ride" the same Kenyan pastor. We tell him that we are going to see William in jail first and the pastor and Wycliffe come along to visit William, as fellow Kenyans I thought that would be a good encouragement.

So we all hop in the truck and get some fresh baked bread and water and soda for William. We first go to the jail but we found out that he has been taken to the prison. So we go there. 

I just love how God works! Me and Jamie had never been to the prison before or even know how visiting works, but God sent the Kenyan pastor with us who just took over in getting us in. 

We wait for William in this little side room with a blown out wall, what looked like a broke down building but still in use. As we wait the Kenyan pastor says lets just be encouragement to him and pray for him. I hear the drag of sandals approaching the the room and William comes in with his regular huge smile and says "I was just thinking about you all, that I hope you pray for me!" 

The guards told us we only have five minutes so we pray right away. William looks fine, no marks of harm  I can see. As a pastor and Kenyan the pastor talks of encouragement and Jamie also gives him some encouraging words of the word of God. Then the Kenyan pastor begins to try and work out his situation as a Kenyan community council member. Contacting his family, follow the case, and making sure there is no mistreatment. The Kenyan pastor is even going to take his case to a Kenyan UN women to follow his case. William say “the food they have for me I vomit up”. The Dinka worker of the prison says “the food is for the locals and a lot of foreigner can't handle it”. He tells us that food can only be dropped off only on the weekends, but you can pay to have someone of the prison go and get some food he can handle through out the week. The Kenyan pastor will arrange that. This Pastor is basically going to make some noise for his case so it won't just get looked over. The Dinka prison worker seems to even work with the pastor to be his inside man.


So God really knows how to work situations. We don't do anything, we try and put in are work with faith as the Bible says to do and God takes over.

William says he is in jail cause the money that was stolen was the same day he sent money home to his family. The money stolen was a lot and the money he said he sent home was a lot less.


Please pray for William and his family. Pray that God be glorified in this situation and William take this time to lean on God and talk to him and for this problem. Pray for his health please. It is not the best place at all from what I seen. Pray for him....      

     See you my peeps

Jermaine 

Yo! 

William has been released from prison. Praise God. He got released while I was at 40/40. They did not have any proof on him. So he got out and left to go home to Kenya with his family. I will most likely never see him again but please pray him. Pray that he grew closer to God in this situation and really choose to have a personal relationship with God and not just take God for granted. 

Jermaine

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I will pray for William and your other new friends.
    I will also pray for your strength and that God's love shows through you no matter what the situation.
    Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will continue to pray for William. I am praying for your continued good health, your faith and strength in God and his protection of you and all the missionaries.

    Love you - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures - please continue to post more.

    Love - Mom - P.S. Tell your fellow journeyman and journeygals that we are praying for them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jermaine. I just found your blog. I have the blogs for the rest of the team, but I was missing yours.

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete